Sign in with
Your question

E4300 with ABIT FP-IN9

Last response: in Overclocking
May 21, 2007 10:50:02 AM

Just wondering if it would be easy to achieve a 3ghz overclock with a e4300 on a abit fp-in9 board.... just a quick answer please.

More about : e4300 abit in9

May 21, 2007 11:36:06 AM

Depends on if your power supply has enough juice and that the northbridge stays cool enough. The NV NB's run on the toasty side, and OCing uses more juice too. You're only talking about 333FSB and that seems pretty accessible. What other stuff do you have or are you planning to put into your system? AND if you already have that mobo tell me what it's like cuz I'm very interested.
May 22, 2007 6:16:13 AM

Nah i havent bought any of this stuff yet. I will be getting a 750w thermaltake power supply i think. I am also really interested in that mobo... it looks so cool. The only thing i really want to know is what that motherboard is like, i cant find much info on it really. Im just wanting to know if the board will prevent me from getting 3ghz... thats all.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
May 22, 2007 6:48:35 AM

The board can do it, I hope you don't end up with a processor that can't.
May 22, 2007 6:55:48 AM

Good... thats all i wanted to know. Thanks very much. Im getting an e4300 so its most likely it will overclock.
May 22, 2007 8:25:12 AM

If you decide to get that board update it's BIOS. Most of the bad things I've heard about it are from Newegg.com but if you look at the dates on the reviews they are from when the board 1st came out and now it's on it's 3rd BIOS with all the bugs worked out.
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
May 22, 2007 8:57:46 AM

Ah, I updated the BIOS before trying the one I had, so if there had been issues previously, I wouldn't have seen them.
May 22, 2007 10:34:34 AM

Well, this is no short reply, since there are enough problems that appear with this mobo. I really wanted to buy fp-in9, but read a thread at Hexus with problems and decided to skip. So, if and when you have a bit more time and patience have a look at 26 pages of a thread on Hexus forums with a detalied account of problems that may (OR MAY NOT!) occur with this mobo: fatal1ty fp-in9 sli

I hope it works well for you!
May 22, 2007 12:18:01 PM

I read through most of that stuff and from what I gather it's 1/3 retarded people as always, not reading that the ram they purchased needs 2.2V, or not knowing Vista sucks. Another 1/3 has to do with BIOS issues from 3 BIOS's(?) ago. AND the rest of the 1/3 of the people complain about things that just don't matter like it doesn't have the fancy LED's on the back or something, and there are people who always think there is something wrong with the board but it might be their PSU or just plain old Microsoft. I would also have to assume though that there are some of these boards that are just plain defective.

Don't get me wrong though I'm NO abit FANBOY, but I really think the 650i boards are more along my tastes for what I do. I want things to work right and if this board doesn't get it's crap together then maybe it's not for me but I do like red and I dunno when the P6N V2 will be out from MSI and the Gigabyte board looks kinda meh. The Asus board is along the lines of the ECS board for me...doesn't come with much to tickle my fancy but then again I can't stand ECS. Although the 680i LT is sweet I think it's boards are either boring or too expesive(DFI).

In the end though even the best boards can have there faults. 99/100 aint bad.
May 23, 2007 2:29:20 AM

I am going to get help when overclocking so i shouldnt have much problems with incorrect voltages etc... i want to get it because looks good and is cheap. I hope im one of the people that doesnt encounter problems. And there is always bios updates and such.

By the way... im aware of memory issues that might come up. I am getting some kingston value ram ddr2 667 stuff. And im only going to use vista if i have to.....
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
May 23, 2007 2:40:45 AM

Before making your purchase I'd spend another day looking for more recent reviews. If you like what you see, you'll be more comfortable with your decision.
May 23, 2007 4:39:26 AM

Yeah i will try and find some good reviews. It is a pretty cheap 650i SLI motherboard here.
May 25, 2007 12:15:42 PM

Just a quicky. I think you've seen it already, but just to be sure, there is a review of seven 650i sli mobos on Tom's Hardware as of yesterday - see there:Seven 650i SLI Motherboards Compared Cheers! 8)
May 26, 2007 2:16:08 AM

Yeah i saw it... it was like they were reading my mind. I was trying to find good info on that board and bam next day there is a good article about 650i sli boards on this site... whoo! I feel confident now that i could overclock to a satisfactory level with this board. In australia it is the cheapest 650i sli board (according to staticice.com.au search='650i sli').
!