Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Rotate PPC screen Landscape

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 12:55:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Is there any software (preferably freeware) to simply rotate a PPC screen
landscape for using Excel ?. It's an IPAQ2210 running WinMobile2003.

Cheers
Andrew
August 19, 2005 2:44:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Andy100 wrote:
> Is there any software (preferably freeware) to simply rotate a PPC
> screen landscape for using Excel ?. It's an IPAQ2210 running
> WinMobile2003.
>
> Cheers
> Andrew

http://www.nyditot.com/Home.asp

Is very good.

Martin
August 19, 2005 1:57:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Isn't rotation built into the Win 2003 OS. I have a rotation on my system
but I know the OS is Win 2003 SE. But I think it was available since Win
2003. Look for the following file in your windows directory and makes sure
you are seeing hidden files and ones in ROM. But the file is called
ScreenRotate_Service.dll

William


"Andy100" wrote:

> Is there any software (preferably freeware) to simply rotate a PPC screen
> landscape for using Excel ?. It's an IPAQ2210 running WinMobile2003.
>
> Cheers
> Andrew
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 3:20:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

>| Isn't rotation built into the Win 2003 OS?

no - only since 2003se
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 4:20:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Martin" <martin@scotland.org> wrote in news:4305013f$0$97128$ed2619ec@ptn-
nntp-reader03.plus.net:

> Andy100 wrote:
>> Is there any software (preferably freeware) to simply rotate a PPC
>> screen landscape for using Excel ?. It's an IPAQ2210 running
>> WinMobile2003.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andrew
>
> http://www.nyditot.com/Home.asp
>
> Is very good.
>
> Martin
>
>
>

I don't particularly care for it. I don't find it very stable, and having
to reset to switch orientations is a PITA. That said, it really is the
only option--I just found it too inconvenient to use the added
functionality.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 8:03:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I agree !. I just downloaded the trial and i had to reset the PocketPC and
when it re-started in landscape mode, half the screen was blue wallpaper
with icons, the other half was black with icons, i.e. it didn't "stretch"
the desktop wallpaper properly. It seems very "buggy" !

Cheers
Andy


"Scott Seidman" <namdiesttocs@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:Xns96B754EFD4173scottseidmanmindspri@130.133.1.4...
> "Martin" <martin@scotland.org> wrote in
news:4305013f$0$97128$ed2619ec@ptn-
> nntp-reader03.plus.net:
>
> > Andy100 wrote:
> >> Is there any software (preferably freeware) to simply rotate a PPC
> >> screen landscape for using Excel ?. It's an IPAQ2210 running
> >> WinMobile2003.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Andrew
> >
> > http://www.nyditot.com/Home.asp
> >
> > Is very good.
> >
> > Martin
> >
> >
> >
>
> I don't particularly care for it. I don't find it very stable, and having
> to reset to switch orientations is a PITA. That said, it really is the
> only option--I just found it too inconvenient to use the added
> functionality.
>
> --
> Scott
> Reverse name to reply
August 19, 2005 11:12:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Andy100 wrote:
> I agree !. I just downloaded the trial and i had to reset the
> PocketPC and when it re-started in landscape mode, half the screen
> was blue wallpaper with icons, the other half was black with icons,
> i.e. it didn't "stretch" the desktop wallpaper properly. It seems
> very "buggy" !
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>

Me too as it happens, but my PDA now has the facility out of the box.

Martin





>
> "Scott Seidman" <namdiesttocs@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns96B754EFD4173scottseidmanmindspri@130.133.1.4...
>> "Martin" <martin@scotland.org> wrote in
> news:4305013f$0$97128$ed2619ec@ptn-
>> nntp-reader03.plus.net:
>>
>>> Andy100 wrote:
>>>> Is there any software (preferably freeware) to simply rotate a PPC
>>>> screen landscape for using Excel ?. It's an IPAQ2210 running
>>>> WinMobile2003.
>>>>
>>>> Cheers
>>>> Andrew
>>>
>>> http://www.nyditot.com/Home.asp
>>>
>>> Is very good.
>>>
>>> Martin
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> I don't particularly care for it. I don't find it very stable, and
>> having to reset to switch orientations is a PITA. That said, it
>> really is the only option--I just found it too inconvenient to use
>> the added functionality.
>>
>> --
>> Scott
>> Reverse name to reply
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 12:58:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Cheers anyway for the help. At least i've found out there doesn't seem to be
any freeware out there for this kind of software.

Regards
Andrew


"Martin" <martin@scotland.org> wrote in message
news:430620f3$0$17504$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...
> Andy100 wrote:
> > I agree !. I just downloaded the trial and i had to reset the
> > PocketPC and when it re-started in landscape mode, half the screen
> > was blue wallpaper with icons, the other half was black with icons,
> > i.e. it didn't "stretch" the desktop wallpaper properly. It seems
> > very "buggy" !
> >
> > Cheers
> > Andy
> >
>
> Me too as it happens, but my PDA now has the facility out of the box.
>
> Martin
>
>
>
>
>
> >
> > "Scott Seidman" <namdiesttocs@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > news:Xns96B754EFD4173scottseidmanmindspri@130.133.1.4...
> >> "Martin" <martin@scotland.org> wrote in
> > news:4305013f$0$97128$ed2619ec@ptn-
> >> nntp-reader03.plus.net:
> >>
> >>> Andy100 wrote:
> >>>> Is there any software (preferably freeware) to simply rotate a PPC
> >>>> screen landscape for using Excel ?. It's an IPAQ2210 running
> >>>> WinMobile2003.
> >>>>
> >>>> Cheers
> >>>> Andrew
> >>>
> >>> http://www.nyditot.com/Home.asp
> >>>
> >>> Is very good.
> >>>
> >>> Martin
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >> I don't particularly care for it. I don't find it very stable, and
> >> having to reset to switch orientations is a PITA. That said, it
> >> really is the only option--I just found it too inconvenient to use
> >> the added functionality.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Scott
> >> Reverse name to reply
>
>
!