vista crashes during game for no reason o_O

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
hello my system has been up and runnig for a while, just recently I ve started to get random fatal errors during certain games after a period of time. I don't know what is causing this ethoir and its annoying
I m sure my hardware is fine, although a PSU almost blew up my mobo but it started fine and is still stable. Like I said I don't know the issue it started doing this fatal crashing 3 weeks after i threw out the power supply or RMAed it in this case.... is it my hardware or software or my power supply dieing on me -.-

I need to know just in case its something more serous than that, I m getting a new power supply tomorrow anyway so that really don't matter but I will be annoyed if that other psu killed my mobo =(
I m running the lastest BIOS on my asus maxumius 2 formula and my GPU is a hd4870 on 8.10 CCC drivers
my OS is VISTA 32bit ultimate

error code is as follows
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 851740D0
BCP3: B2000040
BCP4: 00000800
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

sorry about long thread.

Very hard to say since this is such a general problem but since all of this happened after your near meltdown I have to wonder if that's the problem.

System crashes during games (when the game is known to work) are usually due to video or sound driver issues or hardware issues such as overheating GPU or CPU. It could be your system is simply unstable under heavy load and games are the only thing you have been doing to stress the system. I would download a burn in test like Orthos and see if it too produces errors. If so this would take possible sound or video issues out of the equation and point more toward CPU/MOBO/RAM type problems which would tend to implicate the possible damage the system took.

I trust you are using stock settings until you sort this out?

PS Did you update your Radeon drivers during this time? If so I would roll them back before trying anything else.

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
can't edit anymore, if that power supply did damage the mobo it would have shown up stright after but it didn't it took like a month bofore it started doing it. but still could be I don't know