Help required! system restore..

Status
Not open for further replies.

apeks

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I system restored today.. it rebooted fine etc and everything was pretty much normal (files etc). After using the pc for a couple hours I then rebooted again only to find that my entire desktop has been deleted...
It is crucial that I access the files (word documents) which were on my desktop.. as they are extremely important and worth more than the computer itself to me... I have tried searching for the files and I find them, but upon clicking on them it says they no longer exist. Is there a way of getting it all back? Would i need to find a professional who could.. I'd happily pay... Any help appreciated.

spec:
vista 64bit
4gig ram
p5q-deluxe
q6600

Solution
Sounds like your OS files (registry) has been rendered corrupt. Have you run any kind of registry cleaner on the system? You might try running chkdisk. Also, you may try a registry repair software. You might try booting from the OS CD and doing a repair install. Also, you could search Microsoft for manual instructions to perform a registry repair.
Sounds like your OS files (registry) has been rendered corrupt. Have you run any kind of registry cleaner on the system? You might try running chkdisk. Also, you may try a registry repair software. You might try booting from the OS CD and doing a repair install. Also, you could search Microsoft for manual instructions to perform a registry repair.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.