tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Is this a serious question? It has a kind of non-authentic quality about it.

Microsoft doesn't distribute Windows XP via download for end-users to purchase nor has authorized any other party. MS did offer trial versions of XP 64-bit for download at one time but you had to purchase the full version to convert it. You couldn't purchase a license online then receive the 'non-trial' product key via email, AFAIK.

TechNet and MSDN subscribers can download ISO images of Windows XP and most other MS products for development and testing purposes, but not personal use or redistribution. Microsoft provides each TechNet and MSDN subscriber with product installation keys, IIRC, but I'm not sure they can be activated.

Of course, you "can" download Windows XP from 'other' sources, but...

coltoe

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
IF windows XP could be found on line you can download it...But I do not believe you can find XP online. Please let me know how to find the source...Sorry for the bad pun (TOM)...I have heard a lot of stories not all of the are true.

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Its out there to be found but one must remember
The pirate police are out there too.
The sad part was it was just a dumb little prog that cost $15 and I was just to lazy to go get it.
Ill show you the letter I got if you want....

Actually, M$ has an agreement with most CompSci schools to allow any M$ software (except office) to be downloaded by CompSci students free of charge. Thats how I got my Windows install, Visual Studio, etc.

Other than that, theres no LEGAL way to download windows...

coltoe

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
YOU need a web address @ any rate...I am on dialup the odds of me going online & downloading anything over 5mb is a major ordeal...I just wanted the truth. THe guys that say they can get XP are good at braging... Want to hear the one about the one that got away? (fish story!)

tcsenter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
It wasn't really "free", though. I imagine tuition and fees cost you plenty.

Be careful in this territory thats a bannable issue here at THGF, for the asking for the sources, and for those that provide them to you, so be careful what you're asking for, you're in copyright protected territory!!!

coltoe

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
Just for the record...I only wanted to make sure that my sources at work or whatever were lieing...from the time I asked until now I have caught them in more and more lies. It is a sad day when you can not trust your so called friends at work. This is why I stated "I want the truth"