Sign in with
Your question

SpeedFan issue

Last response: in Overclocking
May 21, 2007 5:04:09 PM

Okay so I'm running speedfan and prime95 int orture test mode to keep an eye out on my temps. The first thing I notice is that in Speedfan my plain old "temp" reading is at 50c. My core's are both at 39c, temp one is at 40 and temp two is a 30c. Both hd's are at 30c. Now explain to me, is this just speedfan messing up? How is the "temp" at 50c when nothing else is? I'm still unsure of oc'ing if I can't even keep the temp's under load at 40c. With prime 95 running and a few other programs I'm at about 80 percent of my cpu usage. So can anyone help me understand?

More about : speedfan issue

May 21, 2007 10:25:15 PM

What board are you running? If Asus, do you have PECI enabled? It will screw up your readings

See my other temp thread...

Brendan
May 23, 2007 12:50:44 AM

PECI doesn't mess with your temps... mine is enabled and my temp readings are fine. Speedfan could be the cause. Try RMClock and see if you're happier with the temps it's reporting. I found it to be correct for my q6600.
Related resources
May 23, 2007 4:56:25 AM

Well it seems to be okay sorta now..I don't get it though. I'm gonna turn some BIOS settings off to prep it for overclocking so we'll see how it goes. TAT seems to be giving better numbers, and for some reason I can't even run Core Temp without my system rebooting. Ever time I run it, it's like it sends my board a reboot command..fishy.
May 23, 2007 5:48:33 AM

My P5B-Del reboots everytime as well. It's a known issue. My advice is to use RMClock which is just as good as TAT (better actually) and offers advanced logging features.
May 23, 2007 11:47:50 AM

SpeedFan is highly innacurate. Get CoreTemp.
May 23, 2007 5:23:26 PM

i guess you missed the part where he said CoreTemp causes crashes on his system :wink:
May 23, 2007 6:22:55 PM

CoreTemp crashes your system!?!? I have heard of TAT crashing systems, but not CoreTemp. You have SERIOUS stability issues if CT crashes you rig...
May 23, 2007 7:03:36 PM

Quote:
CoreTemp crashes your system!?!? I have heard of TAT crashing systems, but not CoreTemp. You have SERIOUS stability issues if CT crashes you rig...

This statement is just not true. CT crashes my system every time I load it and it is rock solid, full load for days. It's a known issue with the software the dev is working on nailing down.

Quote:
My P5B-Del reboots everytime as well. It's a known issue.
!