Trying to install Linux OS's from a USB drive

Fenrir190

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I'm trying to install a Linux OS from a USB drive, not a live version but the full version. I tried google but everything was so conflicted. The software unetbootin seems to only do live versions of the linux os so now I'm looking for another means of doing so. Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Solution
Unetbootin (and similar tools/processes) can be used to turn any ISO into a bootable USB stick, including standard install ISOs (e.g. Alternate 'buntu variants, Fedora, Debian) as well as the popular segment of LiveCDs that also include installers (Mint, Ubuntu).
1) Install unetbootin
2) Download the ISO
3) Point it to the ISO and the USB stick
4) ???
5) Profit

bmouring

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
Unetbootin (and similar tools/processes) can be used to turn any ISO into a bootable USB stick, including standard install ISOs (e.g. Alternate 'buntu variants, Fedora, Debian) as well as the popular segment of LiveCDs that also include installers (Mint, Ubuntu).
1) Install unetbootin
2) Download the ISO
3) Point it to the ISO and the USB stick
4) ???
5) Profit

Solution

Fenrir190

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Yep unetbootin works like a charm. And Linux mint finally works with my desktop without a whole bunch of crap to get the gfx drivers to work. Still a pain to install them though...