help me to delete a shutdown virus!!!(not fake virus)

G

I downloaded a prog... and now when i open the computer it says : "windows shuttdown
VIRUS DETECTED!!!!"

and a ''cmd'' that says the same " -s -t VIRUS DETECTED!!!

and it shuts down!!HELP ME PLEASE!!

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Heya SniperElite,

Just need to clarify, does this happen when you click on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop or does it happen when you start your pc?

This is a prank virus and basically what is happening is your pc is being issued a command to shutdown (-s) your pc and no time is given to stop it (-t) and text is being displayed "VIRUS DETECTED!!!"

If you get the shutdown at startup, you will need to boot your pc into safe mode to stop the shutdown command from running.

While in safe mode navigate to this folder (you are using XP?):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

By default programs won't normally load anything into here so inspect each file present. For .bat files (icon that looks like it has a cogwheel in it) right click and select edit... if there is a line present that looks something like this:

shutdown.exe -s -t -c "VIRUS DETECTED!!!"

delete the .bat file and reboot.

For any other icon right click and select properties, if you see a line (next to target) that looks something like this:

%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe -s -t -c "VIRUS DETECTED!!!"

Delete the icon and reboot.

If it is happening when you click on the "My computer" icon on your desktop right click the "My Computer" icon and select properties and look for a line similar next to target:

%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe -s -t -c "VIRUS DETECTED!!!"

If it shows this line delete the "My Computer" icon it is a fake that has replaced the original.

G

thanks duuude i owe you my windows;) thank you very very much it helped!!