cannot use microphone boost(please help)

lorismarcos

Distinguished
May 9, 2007
The microphone volume is to low , and i cannot find Microphone boost.
All the mic's gain levels are on max but still is very low. My sound card is azalia and its onboard(mobo msi 915g
I know that is not the headsets fault because i borrowed a headset from a friend
What should i do?
Please help me

Are you using the microphone connection on the sound card or the one on the motherboard?
You should disable onboard sound in the Bios and connect the microphone to the sound card, if you have not already done so.

lorismarcos

Distinguished
May 9, 2007
I im using the one on the mobo. I dont have a sound card.
I didn't say that the mic doesn't work 8) , i said that the volume is very low , althow the microphone volume is all the way up

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I had the same problem and contacted the manufactuer (mine was sony)...

Using the same on board audio -- Windows (xp) just wouldn't boost the mic enough --- Fortunately, Sony had preinstalled Sonic Studio and it would boost the levels just fine.

Check your PC for recording software. If you don't have it--- check the web for free versions of recording software. I know Sonic Stage Mastering Studio worked for me (i'm not sure what it costs). As a last resort, by a sound card.

Hope this helps some.

lorismarcos

Distinguished
May 9, 2007
Thanx guys. I know now what i am going 2 do. I will buy the hd2900xt :D
Now i have 2 reasons to buy it. I need a good vga , and i need a new sound card 8)