Debian / DBAN / Unetbootin / CD silliness

frandude

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Not knowing where I should put this topic, here should be fine.

I've been trying to install Debian over Windows XP on an old computer recently. I've tried using Unetbootin and live CDs to no avail, as GRUB never starts up. So then I figured that I can try installing Debian later, but that first I should reformat everything in my computer just to make sure nothing at all is infected. So, much like with Debian, I've tried to put DBAN on a flash drive with Unetbootin and on a CD with CDBurnerXP (the software that DBAN recommends in its website), again a completely fruitless endeavor. Although I can't say for sure, I believe this is the screen I get when trying to boot DBAN from a CD with the required iso burned to it:
IMG_0927.JPG

So although this is mostly about problems with DBAN, to me it looks like that screen has to do with the failed Debian installation installed on my computer more than anything else.

Thanks!

frandude

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Well, that iso you supplied me with actually works, so thanks for that! If I have any more troubles I'll be posting them here, hopefully that's fine, but yeah thanks for that.

Did I mention thanks?