Windows 7 RC 64 bit can't install on win vista 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

87thrteam

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
Hey, I've got Vista 32bit home premium and I just got a hold of Win 7 7100 64-bit. I can't open the setup installer while on windows vista home premium and i burnt it on a dvd and it wont boot. I used infrarecord to burn the dvd. When I log on to vista i see a windows box with a cd in my dvd drive but when i click it i get an error

"This installation disc isn't compatible with your version of Windows. To upgrade, you need the correct installation disc. For more information, check your computer's system information. To install a new copy of windows, restart (boot) your computer using the installation disc, and then select Custom (advanced)."

What should I do?

Bigdog100

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

What interface is you CRrom, IDE or SATA? Maybe your bios won't load drivers for SATA at boot up. Also is the error your getting somthing like

YO YO

Bigdog100

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

I also had the same problem. You need a ide CDrom interface. Your bios will see that at boot up. Maybe you have an old IDE CDrom laying around.

87thrteam

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
it was mini nova with over 1.4k seeders...and im not sure if it was an iso or not but it is exactly the same as when i downloaded win 7 ver 7000 from microsoft.com

Items in the rar
F as in folder
F boot
F efi
F sources
F support
F upgrade
autorun
bootmgr
bootmgr.exe
setup

daveclark

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Had the same problem.
burned with nero iso
started computer and no boot disk detected

installed a DVD rom with IDE interface
First time I boot with windows xp and go with explorer
could see all the files.
Did a reboot DVD start after 5 minutes got following error :

windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device
connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as
an external usb drive ....
nothing external is connected except my mouse keyboard and screen :fou:

Having here a second computer DELL precision 470 old workstation
with vista installed on it. Just the same error.

when vista is started
I start explorer > started setup of my DVD.
and here I reveived the error autorun.dll can not be loaded or is corrupt.
error code 0xE0000100

pffff dunno what to do

1st computer was a athlon 5000x2 2gb ram so normally it should work.

Is the DVD not burned ok??

daveclark

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Problem also solved
installed deamontools
started iso directly without burning on dvd (because this don't work)
and installation successfull

Must say pc I installed is dell precision 470
Intel Xeon 2800
1Gb Ram DDR400
160Gb Hd
and it works just perfect!

All hardware automatically detected
Quadro graphic card, Audio (that could not be installed in vista without some tricks)
Hauppage TV card even my Relisys 17" CRT monitor!
Just amazing
And everything works very smoothly! 20% faster then vista certainly!

Graphic interface has been reduced and the whole aero has been changed.
Must say first time I'm happy with the new microsoft stuf.

congrats BILL

j0nnylaw

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
getting the same "your installation disc isnt compatible" warning running vista 32 trying to do a windows 7 professional 64 bit install from a mounted iso using deamontools, using an acer 1410, dont have an optical drive.....any ideas....(preferably without getting a 4Gig usb drive)

Your problem is you are trying to install a 64 bit version on top of a 32 bit one. The message you are getting is absolutely correct: The versions are incompatible, and it is not possible to do an in place upgrade. You must boot to your install media and do a clean install.

win7newbie

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009

G

I am going through this right now and to overcome this problem, use PCMover Upgrade Assistant by Laplink. Then when the procedure tells you to install windows, place the 64bit installation CD in the drive, reboot, make sure you have the CD set as the first boot device in the BIOS, when prompted during the install, select "custom", then let it install, then go back to the PCMover instructions.

G

Have you tried going inn to the bios screen, and changed the boot order?
take cd to the top, and then save settings, rebot your computer, and then
it should start up..

jonnydriscoll

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Hi there,

im experiencing these same problems as you guys and ive downloaded this demontool product you mention but i have no idea what to do now. Can someone please explain how to somehow create this IDE drive or whatever it is i need to get up and running. Just inc ase i have miss-understood above: MY issue is im using 64bit win 7 on vista 32 over parallels for mac. It seems to be saying the same problems people mentioned above and so now with demomtool, anyone know what to do?

cmshn

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010

how can i make a clean install? =(
boot with dvd doesn't work
how can i format c without the system disk?

sholeem

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
have the exact same problem! win7 64bit not compatible with win vista 32bit.. and that's ok,i get that. but it won't boot from dvd for the clean install. i setup the bios for the boot order,placing cd/dvd on top disabling everything else,and still nothing. i have licensed win7 proffesional so that should not be a problem... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.