Ultimate SP1 64 - Says raid drivers are not signed during install

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynxis

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Hello,

Have a brand new GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte motherboard and have 2 samsungs set up for raid-0.

I am trying to install Vista Ultimate sp1 onto the raid 0 but of course it does not recognize the raid.

So, when trying to use the "Load Driver" option to load the sata raid drivers so vista sees the raid, I get the following error.

"Load Driver:
To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64-bit drivers. Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unusable Windows installation.
"

This happens with every single driver from the motherboard driver disk, and has happened with every single driver for the motherboard from Gigabytes website.

I have done several searches via google/etc and have found very limited reference to anyone having this issue.

I have an "email" into their "technical services" center describing the problem and asking for help, but after working on this build for the past 3 days, I am running out of patience.

Does anyone know of any known issues with sp1 and signed drivers?

Does anyone know why these drivers would be being found to be "unsigned" even though they are directly from gigabyte? Im lost.

Btw - I am trying to install the drivers via a usb sd card reader. Vista finds the drive with no problem. It accesses the drive, it finds the driver, i click to continue into installing the driver, and thats when the error loads.

Thanks for your input everyone.

Lynxis

Solution
Found a fix for my issue -

On the specified motherboard, there are 8 sata inputs, 2 of which are controlled by a driver that vista does not have drivers for, and 6 of which vista DOES have drivers for.

Of course i had my raid set up on the 2 that vista 64 does not have drivers for.

After changing to 2 of the other 6, problem solved.

lynxis

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Found a fix for my issue -

On the specified motherboard, there are 8 sata inputs, 2 of which are controlled by a driver that vista does not have drivers for, and 6 of which vista DOES have drivers for.

Of course i had my raid set up on the 2 that vista 64 does not have drivers for.

After changing to 2 of the other 6, problem solved.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.