Sign in with
Your question

I think that my preinstalled Vista home premium 64 has been deleted!!

Last response: in Windows Vista
December 8, 2008 2:39:14 PM

Hello I got few days ago an Acer gaming pc. It worked great. The pc is very very low noisy, but the hard drive that includes the o/s preinstalled (vista home premium 64 bits) makes a weird noise. the hd works good but making a weird noise. the pc have 3 hd and they can support raid.
One day, i created a raid array, i added the 3 hd and put them in raid 5. When i reboot the computer, after the biiip, a error message appear: Reboot and select proper boot device. I think that my o/s have been deleted or something. What can i do?? how can i recover my o/s? The first time i start the pc, a program called acer empowering technology or e-recovry asked me to create a backup copy or somethin, but i just wanted to test the coputer and i just havent time enought to make a backup. I got the computer just 2 days ago! The pc just comes with 2 dvds, and they are empty because there are for burning the system backup there. Can acer send me a preinstaled vista 64? the pc is in warranty. And if i send them the hard drive of the o/s to check if is ok, they can preinstal ther again vista 64?
December 8, 2008 5:36:49 PM

Hi,

When you build an Array, all disk information is lost. Your main drive had at least one partition where Vista was installed. That partition is now gone.

You skipped an important step, your backup disk that you were supposed to do. :non: 

Do you have Vista's CD/DVD disks? Your Product Key should be located on your PC on a Microsoft label.

If YES, simply reinstall Vista on your new Raid partition.
If No, borrow a disk from a friend or else.

Note:
* You may need drivers to install Vista.

I never done that but maybe you can have a look for utilities that will recover a deleted partition.

GOOGLE : recover windows partition

Good luck
m
l
!