Sign in with
Your question

Error when trying to format

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
November 10, 2008 7:15:18 AM

I'm having trouble formatting my computer. I'm booting from a windows xp home edition cd. It starts by loading some setup files. Then it says its starting up windows and thats where the error occurs. The error code i get is "STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0XC0000034, 0x000000000, 0x000000000)."

I've tried the cd on another computer and it doesn't get hung up there. I also tried running the cd with only the video card, motherboard, cpu, and ram but ran into the same error. I ran a anti virus program with no negative results. I ran a check disk but that came back with no problems either. I ran a POST test and that came back with no errors. The model of my motherboard is an ASUS P5LD2.

I'm not sure what else to do as I'm not to technically savvy myself. If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

More about : error format

November 10, 2008 7:27:46 AM

Read over this thread. I would check everything that plugs into the MB, like SATA HD, optical drives, even video card and RAM, etc. and be sure everything is connected corectly and securely. Be sure your optical drives are working and the IDE cable is is installed correctly. You might try a new IDE cable as well as SATA cable. HTH.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-33616-Windows-...
Related resources
!