Sign in with
Your question

Problem to connect to some sites!

Last response: in Networking
August 11, 2007 11:32:41 AM

I have two pc's here at home... But the one that is directly connected to the internet is having some problems to connect to some sites! The sites are Microsoft Update page and Orkut, and I can't also log in to MSN Messenger!

When I try to connect to Messsenger, I get the 80048820 error code... And when I try to connect to Microsoft Update, I get the 0x80072EFD error number!

The other pc, that get the shared connection can connect to these site without problem!

This problem has been here for a while, and is a very bothering problem, mainly because of Microsoft Update! I already tried to look for the erros number of Microsoft Update, but the solution described on the Microsoft site didn't helped me!! Does anyone have an idea of what's going on here??

More about : problem connect sites

August 11, 2007 10:43:28 PM

Are using the most recent version of IE? Are all the IE settings on default? Have you allowed Microsoft Updates install all the Active X stuff they require?
August 12, 2007 2:59:57 PM

I think I'm using the most recent version of internet explorer 7, but I'm not sure... and I'm also using the english versions, and I use the brazilian windows.... The IE settings are'nt at default, but I'll try it... And everything of Windows Update is right... I used to connect to the site a few months ago before it started to happen...
Related resources
August 12, 2007 3:35:33 PM

Spielwurfel said:
I think I'm using the most recent version of internet explorer 7, but I'm not sure... and I'm also using the english versions, and I use the brazilian windows.... The IE settings are'nt at default, but I'll try it... And everything of Windows Update is right... I used to connect to the site a few months ago before it started to happen...

If setting IE to default doesn't correct it, you may want to try the Brazillian version of Windows. Windows update may be looking for the US or English version of Windows
August 12, 2007 11:46:23 PM

That's a good idea... Though I can't also connect to MSN Messenger, that has nothing to do with it... But it's also the english version (8.5 beta)...

It seems to be a problem with firewall (Norton, with the license expired), but in first place, I never had this problem even with norton, expired, and I already tried to add orkut and windows update to the trusted site list, but it didn't helped... :( 
August 12, 2007 11:57:11 PM

Spielwurfel said:
That's a good idea... Though I can't also connect to MSN Messenger, that has nothing to do with it... But it's also the english version (8.5 beta)...

It seems to be a problem with firewall (Norton, with the license expired), but in first place, I never had this problem even with norton, expired, and I already tried to add orkut and windows update to the trusted site list, but it didn't helped... :( 

A little confused. If Norton it the problem, turn it off. If the Norton firewall is expired, might want to get the free version of ZoneAlarm and delete the Norton.

As for IE, you could just delete it and reinstall it off the Windows CD, probably could do the same with Messenger. I would think the Brazilian version of Windows would have the Brazilian of IE and Messenger.
!