Sign in with
Your question

Another pc has same ip on the network? (security question)

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 4, 2007 2:24:40 AM

Well I came home and i noticed a yellow bubble in the bottom right that says something like this "windows error another pc has same ip on the network". I live in appartments and there are bunch of unsecured routers around me. Mostly old people live here so i didnt protect it. So what happend here now and what should i do to protect my connection. I already tried to do a wep key set up but cant pass the admin screen where it wants the password.
September 5, 2007 8:44:19 PM

Try setting the router to the factory settings, should be a button on the back, manual will tell you how. Turn everything off, computer and modem, and then set up the router as if it were new including the factory log in. You should be asked during set up if you want to enter a WEB password, needs to be a combination of 10 numbers and letters but you can only use the letters A to F. You'll have to enter the same WEP password on all the wirelessly connected computers
September 7, 2007 4:17:33 PM

Great it worked, Thank you very much. I got the wep set up now and everything works great.

Thanks again! :) 
September 7, 2007 4:25:47 PM

syche9876 said:
Great it worked, Thank you very much. I got the wep set up now and everything works great.

Thanks again! :) 

Glad you got it worked out, love happy endings :) 
Related resources
!