Sign in with
Your question

Any good C tutorials?

Last response: in Applications
September 14, 2009 5:05:27 AM

I just started learning C today. I've had previous experience with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Visual Basic, and some C++.

I started off this THIS tutorial, which I thought was pretty good. Just dove in head first and did some programming. Unfortunately, I finished all those examples, so I'm looking for something else. I'm having troubles finding more tutorials online, as it all seems to be either C++ or C#. So are there any good websites for learning C? If not, any recommended books? Thanks.

- Pyro

More about : good tutorials

September 15, 2009 2:49:38 PM

The best way to learn is try, but if you used visual basic, C isn't a problem, are too similar. I don't remember a good one, i'm in my work, but when arrive to my home, i see the name that the manual that I used and tell you.
m
l
September 15, 2009 2:51:18 PM

Alright, thanks :)  I grabbed 'C for Dummies', so I've been working on that for now. More manuals are helpful as well though :) 
m
l
Related resources
September 17, 2009 10:11:45 PM

I believe the title of the book is "Learn c in Thirty days" that is pretty extensive. Plus there is a neat pocket reference by O'REILLY publishing called "c syntax and fundamentals," with a cow on the cover. Borders should have both of them.
m
l
September 18, 2009 1:06:40 PM

c# 2005, was really good for me.
m
l
September 19, 2009 4:17:19 PM

pretty much after the basics, its looking up documentation for using api's (you know, sockets, windows management, etc) and then just figuring out how they work
m
l
September 19, 2009 4:22:13 PM

mindless728 said:
pretty much after the basics, its looking up documentation for using api's (you know, sockets, windows management, etc) and then just figuring out how they work

Thanks, I'll have to check that out :)  Anything in particular that's higher on the priority list that I should investigate?
m
l
September 19, 2009 8:05:04 PM

Pyroflea said:
Thanks, I'll have to check that out :)  Anything in particular that's higher on the priority list that I should investigate?

not really, i guess get as good as possible with pointer and memory management (remembering to free memory no longer needed)

the documentation thing is obviously only for api's you want/need to use
m
l
!