samsung 906BW is blurry while panning

zappyisfun

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
it's blurry while panning in games. hurts my head and makes me nasuas after a while!.

is there anyway to fix this?? i have RTA on and it still is blurry (with rta on or off i dont even notice a diffrence?)

this sucks any help would be greatfull

cb62fcni

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
What video card are you using, and what driver version? Are you using DVI or VGA? If VGA, are you using an adapter? What is your refresh rate set to? What resolution are you running it at when problem occurs?

zappyisfun

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
What video card are you using, and what driver version? Are you using DVI or VGA? If VGA, are you using an adapter? What is your refresh rate set to? What resolution are you running it at when problem occurs?

video card is geforce 6800 GT OC.
im using DVI that i bought on ebay for $6.00
res is 1440x900
refresh is 60hrtz i tryed 75 hrtz tho to no diffrence cept the mouse is faster

cb62fcni

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
Is that res supported by the video card? Try playing with the resolution to see if the problem goes away. It sounds like a problem with the video card or driver. Have you loaded the latest from Nvidia?

zappyisfun

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
Yes i think that res is supported. my desktop iss at 1440x900.

i played with the res in games and i notice when it's lower and i get more FPS the blur goes away ALITTLE. but it's still there and hurts my eyes while im panning.

my eyes are fine. i been to an eye doc and he said im fine and just wear my glasses (witch i do) so plz dont say it's my eyes lol i get that to much

zappyisfun

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
all games. even movies.

i even replaced the monitor with a BRAND NEW ONE from samsung because i told them about it and they said maybe it's broke. well the new one does the same crap.

can lighting effect it? im near a window but i never have my blinds open and its always kinda dark in my apartment.

i never noticed blur on my old 17inch acer intill i moved here :O wtf?

ogerrob1487

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2007
Hey zappyisfun. I have a 906bw monitor as well. I have a minor ghosting problem, not as bad as you do, and i have a problem with the colors the monitor displays. It displays really inaccurate shades of grey.

After some searching I found out that Samsung has several different panels for the 906bw model. Check the back of your monitor. Where it says 'Model: 906bw' There should be a letter afterwards. Either an 'A' 'S' a 'C' or a 'D'. Can you tell me what that letter is? Mine is a 'D'.

I guess all panels that aren't 'S' panels arent actually made by Samsung, but are outsourced from other companies. Please let me know!!! Thanks!

ogerrob1487

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2007
Yeah I have a D panel too. I guess the D panels are the worst of them all. Try and get a replacement. I am going to try and call Samsung and see if they can get me an S panel. Its a huge bummer that Samsung had to do this. It is a really horrible business practice. I have a properly calibrated color profile for the monitor if you are interested. Take care.