how to add pictures to 'baackground' n 'screen savers'

Just getting to know xp better, how do I add pictures to my background and
screen savers. Where are they located? Thanks

R.click on the picture,then select,"save as background theme".As far as
screensavers go,3rd party software nay enable this,however microsoft doesnt
in its xp screensaver software.

On Sun, 22 May 2005 18:11:01 -0700, gen wrote:

> Just getting to know xp better, how do I add pictures to my background and
> screen savers. Where are they located? Thanks

You can set an image as a wallpaper as Andrew E mentions. This only "holds"
the image until you set another wallpaper and then the image file is gone.

You can save images to the disk drive so that they're always available. You
can use the Browse button on Display> Desktop to maneuver to the folder
that the images are stored in, then select the one you want. By placing
images in the certain folders you can have them appear in the list of
wallpapers in Display Properties. Those folders are Windows,
Windows\Web\Wallpaper and in some cases My Pictures.

The "My Pictures Slideshow" screensaver that is included with XP will cycle
through images in any folder. By default it uses the My Pictures folder but
you can use the Settings button on the Screensaver page to select any
folder.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

YOU CAN RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP! BROWSE TO SEARCH FOR OTHER PICS IN DIFFERENT
LOCATIONS, SET AS DESKTOP SCREENSAVER OR WALLPAPER.

--
thanx

"gen" <gen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just getting to know xp better, how do I add pictures to my background and
> screen savers. Where are they located? Thanks

You can get some pretty good free wallpaper designs and a program that
easily changes the wallpaper if you want. Take a look at:

www.webshots.com

Many thanks for all the responses. They all help me to understand xp better
in one way or the other.

"Gene Hora" wrote:

> "gen" <gen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just getting to know xp better, how do I add pictures to my background and
> > screen savers. Where are they located? Thanks
>
> You can get some pretty good free wallpaper designs and a program that
> easily changes the wallpaper if you want. Take a look at:
>
> www.webshots.com

right click the desktop, change those settings in there (the same place as
with previous Windows versions from Win95x upwards).

"gen" <gen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just getting to know xp better, how do I add pictures to my background and
> screen savers. Where are they located? Thanks

TRENDING THREADS