Status
Not open for further replies.

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
What I have is about 8 gigs of music, that I had backed up on two DVDs. I recently copied the entirety onto my HDD of my new build. All of it is tagged, but not in folders, what I'm looking to do, is have an application that will take my music folder and organize it into specific folders and subfolders based on my instructions. All of the music files are loose, they were all put in a playlist in itunes and backed up in a quick and dirty way during an emergency (had to reinstall my OS in my previous build). Does anyone know of an application that can do this automatically? Or better yet, a facility of Vista itself?

Solution
MediaMonkey is a great program that can organize your music how you want.
You can create folders and subfolders based on any of the categories (album, artist, genre, year, etc.)
Also, iTunes itself will organize your files if you want it to, just going to properties and then advanced & click "Keep iTunes Music folder organized' and you can select the folder you want the music to be in. iTunes will organize it by artist then album

arges86

Distinguished
MediaMonkey is a great program that can organize your music how you want.
You can create folders and subfolders based on any of the categories (album, artist, genre, year, etc.)
Also, iTunes itself will organize your files if you want it to, just going to properties and then advanced & click "Keep iTunes Music folder organized' and you can select the folder you want the music to be in. iTunes will organize it by artist then album

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.