Time restricted internet access

8 answers Last reply
More about time restricted internet access
  1. http://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/333/how-to-configure-user-restriction-with-pam-a-kind

Reading this right now... might all be good.

Edit: Because it refers to GDM, I've taken the liberty of installing Scientific Linux so I can eliminate any change because of GNOME2 -> GNOME 3.
  2. I really need help, I tried what the guide afformented said. Nothing really happened and nothing was blocked.
  3. do not know about specifics behind PAM (the man pages were less than helpful), but as a side solution many routers (ddwrt and tomato for sure) provide this ability with a nice gui :)
  4. skittle said:
    do not know about specifics behind PAM (the man pages were less than helpful), but as a side solution many routers (ddwrt and tomato for sure) provide this ability with a nice gui :)

^This.

You can also target particular machines for these access restrictions.

Did you simply want to control Internet use or complete computer use? (if it's complete computer access, there's a script that's called timekpr that seems to do what you want)
  5. Last release 2009 :/
  6. amdfangirl said:
    Last release 2009 :/

Like a fine wine :)

but seriously tho, that is kinda meh, although what it's using under the hood is pretty much standard and hasn't changed in quite some time, I'm willing to bet that it would work on some other UNIX's
  7. I'll give it a go then eh?
  8. It'll take a little tweaking and cajoling to get it installed properly, but it does seem like just what the doctor ordered. I would just keep the original archive around since, if the reason should arise, you may have to refer to the contents installed to do a manual un-installation.

...ooor, you could try using something like alien or, even better yet, how to create your own RPMs. Perhaps fund an unofficial RPM repo, talk to them, try to get them to carry it, etc.
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Access