PLEASE HELP ME - How to recover corrupted word document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketrab

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
tried to recover DELETED word document. i used software like FILE RECOVER, RECOVER MY FILES, HANDY RECOVERY. I finally found my document that i was looking for but the worst thing is that i can only see the part of it and then the rest is UNREADABLE look at this i included some example my portion of the text. it converts to something unreadable. Please help me i need this file back. Any suggestions. I also tried software like docRepair try to convert it somehow but it didnt work. Please HELP

Cloudy, blustery and colder with some snow showers. Temperatures slowly fall to the low 30s by evening. Gusty west-northwest winds. Clouds break late night.
Sunday
Ăpôě™ímďn!aŁ5Ž˝íā2ĄÜáąÎÓh[ËÄ\™Łči :...
$GĘőÉĘ‚ý\‘|ŕzÄÉÝ›|Ö—µO¦5<R•4•‚ŻQü!­... ©ƒ`P`$`

/chinews/weŕŤmE‚Ća¤©S1“ -†!?

PS.

if you want i could also send you my word doc so maybe you could do something with it.

PLEASE HELP

REGARDS

gary_smith

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
There are other software too which you can use to repair your word files. When I face same corruption problem in my word files. I used Stellar Phoenix Word Repair Software to repair my corrupted files. You can try this software to resolve this corruption problem. Try its demo version first from here: http://www.repair-word-file.com/ Scan your file, if you are satisfied then you need to get full version to save your file.

samb

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009

Could be that the deleted file has been partially overwritten before being recovered, and therefore what you have is not really a complete document but just the start of your document and then part of a jpeg or mp3 file.

It's not that you have a complete Word document with corruption caused by a bad sector on your hard drive. It's that you have an incomplete file with areas overwritten by other data completely different to your file.

Since MS Word makes auto-backups, you could try to recover a backup file of your document.
These files get deleted automatically by Word, but they still exist on your hard drive.
You'll need to track down where it places temporary files and dig around in there for the backups.

One program to try for this job is Recuva, and it's free :)

Get it
HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.