pak files?

Hi.

I have the opensource linux build of quake2. I don't have the original CD game. I've
searched everywhere for it. Even purchased a copy off ebay that the seller
delivered to me, but that's a different story.

The point is, needless to say, Im geting a bit frustrated.

I notice with q1 there's free .pk3 files you can download that'll
give you most of the monsters, textures et al, that you need to play most
of the free levels out there on the web. Is there any equivelant for Q2?
1 answer Last reply
More about files

    "Cheese 'n Tomato Sandwhich" <gh4_431n6f@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have the opensource linux build of quake2. I don't have the original CD
    game. I've
    > searched everywhere for it. Even purchased a copy off ebay that the seller
    > delivered to me, but that's a different story.
    >
    > The point is, needless to say, Im geting a bit frustrated.
    >
    > I notice with q1 there's free .pk3 files you can download that'll
    > give you most of the monsters, textures et al, that you need to play most
    > of the free levels out there on the web. Is there any equivelant for Q2?

    If you want to play the game, you need the full retail version. You say you
    got it off of ebay and even received it, yet you don't have it??

    you can get it at the bargain pallet section in compusa for $4.99, probably
    other places also. Just the jewel case and cd.

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

Games Open Source Video Games