Where do I can download Directx 10.1?

G

Hi guys, i want to download the directx 10.1 for vista because i have got an EAH 4870X2, and I want use all my graphic card with the shader model 4.1 :)

I hope u answer pleaseee :DDD :eek: :D :hello: :hello: :hello:

Fulcrum888

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
The DX10.1 project was cancelled in the end. ATI used it more as a commercial stunt for their 3xxx and 4xxx GPU's. Ubisoft released a patch for Assasin's Creed that included the DX10.1 availability. It severely increased performance but they scrapped the patch afterwards. I don't know why but I experienced the performance boost myself. It was +10 avg. FPS and that's ALOT!

Zenthar

Distinguished
DirectX10.1 was never canceled, it was just ignored by all but ATI. And yes, it was part of Vista SP1 (link). It was mostly DirectX 10 "options" that would now become mandatory; I think some degree of mandatory AA and AF was part of it and that is why ATI cards used to lose so little performance when enabling AA/AF compared to NVidia, they were prepared for DX10.1.

blim

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
Hi, I was also wondering is there some way of getting this Directx 10.1 for Win7-64 and will it be beneficial to games othere than AC.

Im not sure if it was down to this or my card getting old but I used to get 7.6 in the win7 benchmark test now I only get 7.3 no matter what I try. May be someone could shed some light on that coz ive lost performance in games over this. Games like gta iv have become unplayable and Im oblivious to the reason why. Ive tryed reinstalling my comp with lots of difrent typs of hd setups and win7 home/ult but nothing makes my card run like it used to.

alf20104

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

one thing you could check is the temp's on your video card and CPU, a similar thing happend to me, used to be able to run just about anything without an issue, like Crysis with settings on the 'medium-high' end, but after a while (months) i was unable to get even playable frame rates on anything, even with all settings on minimum.
Then one day i had to open my comp case to swap out of a dvd drive and noticed that my heatsinks were completely clogged with dust and crap. (temps were still in 'acceptable' levels, but still pretty hot) so i completely cleaned it out and installed a new high performance CPU cooler and added a couple case fans, and problem solved.

amazing what a few Degrees in temperature change can do with a computer, and im glad i caught it before it really caused some damage.

hope this helps with your problem.