docingram

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Just finished my pc last night. Question - I've got an Antec 900 and a PCP&C 750. All the wires are preconnected to the PSU. Any ideas on what to do with all those extra wires I'm not using? Just wrap them up at the bottom of the case? Also, since this is my first build, any good tips on good wire management? Last, the 8-pin power connector to my MB has to stretch across the board, over the cpu and fan. I've got the stock in now, but want to put in my Zalman, which will make it tight. Any ideas?

jaedaddy

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
erm.. that or use twisty tie's to hold them down near the frame of the hd... thats what i usually do, makes for way better air flow and it looks so clean inside =)

jae
mlb

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Don't cut them off. Try and tuck them out of the way somewhere, or if possible, route them behind the motherboard tray if there's room. Use some cable ties if you can too. There's a couple threads on wire management if you search, I believe there's a few people in those threads that have your case and posted pics of their management.

Stewartwi

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
About your 8 pin they make an extension cable you can buy for it. Let me know if you can't find it by google and I'll get someone to go on my personal computer at home and send me the link.

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Don't cut them off. Try and tuck them out of the way somewhere, or if possible, route them behind the motherboard tray if there's room. Use some cable ties if you can too. There's a couple threads on wire management if you search, I believe there's a few people in those threads that have your case and posted pics of their management.

Mpilchfamily has an Antec 900. Ask him. Although, his FSP PSU may be modular....