Chenming 601A front panel confusion

rmbelson

Distinguished
May 20, 2003
I have reused an old Chenming 601A case for a rebuild using an Intel D946GZIS Mobo. The case front panel audio connections use standard audio cable with audio pins for the connection (think the pin that a small jack headphone would use). It's a joined cable that splits into two connectors, green and pink.

Is there an adapter that would allow me to make connection to the Mobo which uses a 9 pin connection set up (5 pairs of 2 with one pin missing). I'm not experienced at this at all, so sorry if I have not explained things well.

I'm doing this because the back panel mic connection does not work and I'm trying to figure out whether there is a bad input on the mobo, a short, or a Windows XP registry corruption that is causing the issue. Thanks. RMB

rmbelson

Distinguished
May 20, 2003
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been on the phone with Intel about the mobo and they want it set up outside of the case and then the mic tested to see if there is a short at the rear mic input. Then they want a fresh install of the OS, in case this is a corrupted registry. (XP SR 2). I can play sounds fine, both cd and from my hd, just can't record or use my mic for Skype. I really want to avoid a OS reinstall, takes so much time and something always screws up, I find. They will send a new mobo, however if I can show that there is a problem with the sound.

jackluo923

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
Is there a program for your mainboard that adjust the usage of the 3 slots.. IE. my motherboard can change pink slot to earphone output if i wanted. That will make people whose unfamiliar with their mobo to think the mic is disfuctional, but it really isn't. Some motherboard's default usage for the pink slot is for earphones, so i suggest you consult the manual.