I need help accessing the router to open a port

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Alright, my ISP are not helping me here, they gave me this router to use with my internet service and they will not provide any further support with my problem, which is basically opening a port for my uTorrent to work properly, but the thing is when I try to access my router it asks me a username and password, I tried the manufacturer's default config, but they seem to have changed it and even though I tried resetting it to manufacturer's defaults (Pushed the button for over 1 minute) and unplugging the whole thing, it still won't accept the admin/admin default, my guess is that they have a slightly modified firmware.

What I need help on is to get inside by any means, Im open to attempting to hacking my own router, flashing firmwares, whatever is necessary! I need my thing to work properly!! :p

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
It's possible your ISP doesn't want you modifying anything if it's their router. Rather than messing with them, take it back and buy one. You can get a good wireless b/g router for about $40. Netgear is good and less expensive than Linksys. It might cost you a bit more up front but it would be worth it. Chances are you hack the router and the ISP finds out, you'll be buying it for a whole lot more than it's worth.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Thing is... Im broke lol, used the last of my money on GRAW2, so I can't do it now (maybe in the near future). I have an idea, to fake out some problem and use a keylogger to steal the password from the tech guy, but any other ideas? :)

El0him

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Why don't you just configure utorrent to listen in on a different port.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Because I can't... That's the whole point of this, I can't access my router to open a different port for it. :p But if you know how, I'd be willing to try it.