START button dissappeared!

May 23, 2005 7:00:05 PM

Using Windows XP on a laptop..... The START button on the bottom left has
disappeared, along with all the Quick Launch icons. Any idea how this
happened and how to get it back? Thanks.

Jack
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 7:00:06 PM

Repair/Customize Quick Launch, Taskbar and Notification Area
Or:
Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! (Line 298)

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC

"Jack Whitehead" <jack423@hhottmail.com> wrote in message
> Using Windows XP on a laptop..... The START button on the bottom left has
> disappeared, along with all the Quick Launch icons. Any idea how this
> happened and how to get it back? Thanks.
>
> Jack

Anonymous
May 23, 2005 7:00:06 PM

Greetings

It has happened to me after unplugging an external monitor that the screen
resolution has chnaged. Try to reset the resolution to 800X600 and see if
you can see everything.

Right click desktop -> properties -> settings tab -> screen resolution

Hope this helps
Albatross Singh

"Jack Whitehead" <jack423@hhottmail.com> wrote in message
> Using Windows XP on a laptop..... The START button on the bottom left has
> disappeared, along with all the Quick Launch icons. Any idea how this
> happened and how to get it back? Thanks.
>
> Jack

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 1:25:47 AM

Thanks. I finally had to reformat the drive and reinstall XP. It was a
lost cause. Thanks anyway.

!