START button dissappeared!

Using Windows XP on a laptop..... The START button on the bottom left has
disappeared, along with all the Quick Launch icons. Any idea how this
happened and how to get it back? Thanks.

Jack
3 answers Last reply
More about start button dissappeared

    Repair/Customize Quick Launch, Taskbar and Notification Area
    Or:
    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! (Line 298)

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com
    Protect your PC

    "Jack Whitehead" <jack423@hhottmail.com> wrote in message
    > Using Windows XP on a laptop..... The START button on the bottom left has
    > disappeared, along with all the Quick Launch icons. Any idea how this
    > happened and how to get it back? Thanks.
    >
    > Jack

    Greetings

    It has happened to me after unplugging an external monitor that the screen
    resolution has chnaged. Try to reset the resolution to 800X600 and see if
    you can see everything.

    Right click desktop -> properties -> settings tab -> screen resolution

    Hope this helps
    Albatross Singh

    "Jack Whitehead" <jack423@hhottmail.com> wrote in message
    > Using Windows XP on a laptop..... The START button on the bottom left has
    > disappeared, along with all the Quick Launch icons. Any idea how this
    > happened and how to get it back? Thanks.
    >
    > Jack

    Thanks. I finally had to reformat the drive and reinstall XP. It was a
    lost cause. Thanks anyway.

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Repair/Customize Quick Launch, Taskbar and Notification Area
    > Or:
    > Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! (Line 298)

    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    > Please respond in Newsgroup. Do not send email
    > http://www.fjsmjs.com
    > Protect your PC
    >

    > "Jack Whitehead" <jack423@hhottmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Using Windows XP on a laptop..... The START button on the bottom left
    >> has
    >> disappeared, along with all the Quick Launch icons. Any idea how this
    >> happened and how to get it back? Thanks.
    >>
    >> Jack

Windows XP