mrmjs

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I was wondering if people have had good success with Zip Zoom fly? prices are lower then new egg on a few items id like to get and the shipping is free too.

I was wondering if people have had good success with Zip Zoom fly? prices are lower then new egg on a few items id like to get and the shipping is free too.

I've used them quite a bit, but it's been like a year since I ordered something. The one benefit for me that they have to offer is that they use Fedex for ground delivery and they will deliver on Saturday! Newegg uses UPS and they don't deliver on Saturday using ground delivery. So I don't know if that matters to you or not, but sometimes is does for me. And yes they can have good prices compared to Newegg. I ordered all parts of a complete system from them last year, except the video card, and saved about $30 or so, which isn't alot, but it allowed me to upgrade the video card for no extra cost!

My 2cp

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
I have no problem buying from ZZF. One time, I made an order from ZZF and Newegg on the same day. I made a mistake with the address and ZZF and FEd/EX took the extra time to call and figure out the problem. Newegg and UPS returned the order and canceled it.

PotGoblin

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
they are good however i noticed recently that they are taking a full day or so longer than the egg to process my orders and get them out the door. could be the reason behind their ratings drop though. otherwise I have had no problems with them

MattJD

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
I just ordered parts from Newegg and ZZF on Sunday for my new build. Both companies shipped the parts out Monday morning, and both are arriving today ahead of schedule.

I bought the PSU from ZZF because it was $10 cheaper than NewEgg and had free shipping. Otherwise, I buy Newegg.

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Unless a part is significantly cheaper somewhere else, I use NewEgg. Their customer service is top notch and if I ever have to RMA something, I'd rather it be to NewEgg than somewhere else. I always use NewEgg to shop though, their site is far easier to browse than ZZF.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
Like the others I've never had in issue with ZZF.

I've never had to return anything though.

NewEgg is still my main stay.
The one return I had with them was as smooth as pie.

RaidenSix

Distinguished
May 23, 2007
I order a lot between ZZF and NewEgg, ZZF tends to have the lower prices but occassionally, their order processing will sometimes take a day or more and in one case, the item was out of stock but the system allowed me to order and kept it in "packed" status for several days. Had to call to cancel. Overall, I'm satisfied with their service though.

Arctucas

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Only bought from ZZF once about a year ago; Tt Armor case, was missing 120mm fan and fan mounting bracket.
Emailed ZZF, they said I should contact Thermaltake.
Thermaltake wouldn't reply, so I went back to ZZF.
They got a hold of Tt and had them ship the missing parts to me.
I don't know how many retailers would act as a go-between with a manufacturer for a customer, but in my opinion ZZF rocks!

haywood

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
Ordered a PSU from them. No issues, came the same day as the stuff I ordered from NewEgg.

I have also used EWiz.com and Case-Mod.com, both shipped same day, with no issues.

bond2663

Distinguished
May 1, 2007
I have never ordered from ZZF but have always heard positive things about them. I have always been able to find what I need or want at other places that's all. I have shopped at Newegg, Tiger, TheNerds, and Monarch. Monarch of course is long gone but they were decent about RMA'ing a PSU that shipped with broken connectors. It went very smoothly. I don't think you'll have an issue but remember to keep all paperwork, save emails, keep original boxes and packaging just in case and you'll be covered should you need to return something. Good luck! :)

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Nothing but good things to say about ZZF and NewEgg. All total I've probably spent around $5k between the two. Normally, I use NewEgg to read individual reviews about products and then see if I can find the same product at ZZF. Generally speaking, ZZF is a little cheaper.