rankell

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
I am using Visa Home Basic on a laptop. I am now having a problem with installing from a cd in the cd/dvd drive. The cd is a game and when I autorun it pops up the launcher but goes no further. I can go to the drive and select setup.exe and run as administrator but it doesn't install everything and stops responding. I have tried to restore but cannot find how to go back further than just a day or two in the list that comes up. Under system I have no yellow triangles and it says the drive is working properly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive but it does not make a difference. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

With an older game basically for an XP installation, I've had the same thing happen in Vista64, the launcher initializes then nothing, but I gave it a good amount of time and Vista actually installed the game.

I've had that happen twice with older games and if you'll give Vista enough time it will actually install the game, it doesn't tell you its doing it or that its finished, but it will install it if it starts the installation.

If it cannot install it for some reason it will tell you the installation was aborted, try giving it plenty of time to install the game and see what happens.