Internert Explorer freezes repeatedly on Vista

marbles348

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Over the past week my laptop will freeze up with the dreaded box "Internet Explorer has stopped working". I'm running Vista Home Premium. I did a system restore to 2 weeks ago and it still freezes. I haven't added anything new as for downloads to the system. Not sure how to fix it. Any suggestions?

This happens a lot to me too. Both on XP and Vista. It's probably the web site running something like javascript which is causing the crash. You may have better luck with Firefox but then again you might not - it's well worth a try though. I use Firefox about 50% of the time and it has issues too. That's the nature of web browsers these days, they crash way more than anything else.

csfirehawk

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Check to see if you have Flash Player 10 installed, if so, that be your problem, go to adobe and download flash9g. That fixed all my problems with Vista and IE locking up.

ricky_critic

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Hi,

You may need to disable the add-ons installed in your Internet Explorer web browser because it might be a reason for freezing.

You can disable the add-ons in the tools options of the Internet Explorer.

For this, you need to choose ‘Manage Add-Ons’ from the tools tab and click on ‘Enable or Disable Add-Ons’.

Determine which add-on you want to disable and hit the ‘Disable’ tab on the bottom of the window.

You also need to ensure the speed of the Internet connection.

It is better to use a reliable high speed Internet connection.

Get more information to resolve Internet Explorer freezes error:

http://browser.iyogi.com/internet-explorer/internet-explorer-8-freezes.html