Sign in with
Your question

Vista 64 will not install.. please help

Last response: in Windows Vista
Anonymous
January 7, 2009 11:17:50 PM

Well I just finshed building my first PC. I got all my stuff from tiger direct. I turned the computer on for the very first time and all of my components were reconized. I put my vista 64 bit OEM into the cd-rom and it started to load. I got the windows loading files screen, then it goes to a blue screen and nothing happens.. I don't think this is a software issue because I tried my wifes vista 32 cd that came with her laptop. I get to the exact same spot and nothing...

what the hell am I doing wrong.

I have my harddrive set to SATA1. and my cd-rom is IDE slave...

I really wanna get this thing fired up.. any help would be greatly apperiated. and to add I will mail someone a brand new thermal take cpu cooler if they get me in the right direction.

thanks.

More about : vista install

January 8, 2009 11:43:55 AM

When you say CDROM do you have the set of CD installation disks, or the installation DVD, needing either a DVDROM or DVDRW to be able to install from?

In the BIOS setup:
Make sure the boot sequence is set to first boot CDROM, second boot HDD.

And the SATA1 header is set to work as IDE.

Listing your exact specs would help?

Quote:
and my cd-rom is IDE slave...

If its the only thing on the IDE header set it as Master, connect to the end of the cable.
m
l
January 8, 2009 12:00:55 PM

hmmm . . as Ryan notes it appears you have an IDE CD drive set to slave though it is the only IDE device on the controller? Set it to master then.

m
l
!