I800C0LLECT

Distinguished
May 16, 2007
He was referring to the issue where Dell only uses IPS panels when it feels like. Looks like this other guy beat me to it. Good luck.

I800C0LLECT

Distinguished
May 16, 2007
...on a side note for other forum readers...

The NEC 20WMGX2 uses the IPS panel this op was hoping to have bought. The Apple uses it too. Otherwise, good luck finding one at that size...

To get an RMA there generally must be something defective with the monitor. Otherwise you may be paying a 15% restocking fee on top of shipping charges. Plus there is no guarantee that the next 2007WFP will be a S-IPS monitor.

Dell generally does not advertise that their LCD monitors are using S-IPS or S-PVA panel, simply 8-bit panels. Therefore getting a S-PVA panel does not make your product "defective" nor is it false advertisement.

You need to check Dell's policy regarding dead pixels. Some manufacturers will only allow you to return a LCD panel if there are up to 8 dead or stuck pixels.

When I bought my 19" LCD panel from Planar (PX191) about 4 years ago, they had the best return policy of all the companies. 1 dead pixel return policy, immediate 2-day shipment of a replacement monitor and free return shipping for the defective monitor.

Planar was relatively expensive though, about $675 back in 2003. It's still going strong, but I too am in the market for a new LCD. A 24 incher and Planar is one of four I am considering.

Planar no longer explicitly state they have a 1 dead pixel return policy and more. :(