memory cards

a b } Memory
August 20, 2005 4:10:00 PM

Hi all.
Advise please, as i am new to pda's.
How do I transfer information from from a Cd to a SD memory card.

More about : memory cards

August 20, 2005 4:10:01 PM

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 12:10:00 +0100, "Keith Gaunt"
<keith@drivetime.fsworld.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi all.
>Advise please, as i am new to pda's.
>How do I transfer information from from a Cd to a SD memory card.

There's a couple of ways to do it... If you have your PDA in the
cradle and the SD card in its slot, simply establish an ActiveSync
connection and click on the 'Explore' button. It works the same way as
Windows Explorer and you can copy and paste files directly to the SD
card, or to any other folder on your PDA. This method is called
'ActiveSync pass-through'.

In the alternative, you can buy an inexpensive USB card reader and
copy/paste files directly to the card. This is generally faster.

A_C
Anonymous
a b } Memory
August 20, 2005 4:10:01 PM

The easiest way is to use a card reader... a single reader (~$15) that
supported cf and sd would do it.

simply copy the entire card content to a pc, insert a blank destination
card and copy back to that.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
a b } Memory
August 20, 2005 4:39:04 PM

Keith Gaunt wrote:
> Hi all.
> Advise please, as i am new to pda's.
> How do I transfer information from from a Cd to a SD memory card.

What kind of information? As others have said, ActiveSync, or Windows
Explorer + card reader, will allow you to transfer data to the card. However
since you say you're new to PDAs, you may not be aware that many types of
files will need conversion of one sort or another, which may well determine
the way you transfer the files.

Tony
Anonymous
a b } Memory
August 20, 2005 10:18:23 PM

Hi all.
Many thanks for the quick response, very helpful information.

Keith Gaunt
!