Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Vista64 Installation Issues

Last response: in Windows Vista
January 12, 2009 1:19:45 PM

I just put together a new system and XP installed without issues. I did created a partition for Vista during the XP installation. When I reboot the system with the Vista disk in, I see the loading bar stating "Windows is loading file" and that completes without any issues. Instead of continuing the Vista installation, the pc reboots back to XP. If I hit a key to boot from CD when I get the chance, it starts the loading bar again.

This is my first attempt at installation Vista. I have seen a lot of threads where the loading bar freezes or takes forever to complete, but this isn't my issue. It runs through the loading bar in about a minute.

According to the site where I bought the memory and the Corsair site, the memory should be 1.9V, but the memory label states 1.8V. I thought this might be an issue at first, but XP didn't have any issues at all.

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P
Intel Q9550 2.83Hz
2x2GB Corsair DDR2 800 1.9V 5-5-5-18
EVGA nVidia GTX 260 896MB 55nm Core 216 Superclocked Edition
CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W PSU
WD 500GB 32MB Cache
January 13, 2009 3:44:06 AM

You can try to take out 2 GB and install it...and put it back later.

I know some disc/system setups had early problems where Vista would not install on systems with > 3GB. There is a fix but you have to make a new installation CD. But unless you are doing some massive installs, you're better off just removing the RAM.
Score

Best solution

January 13, 2009 12:52:11 PM

Yeah, I tried that with no luck, but I did get Vista installed late last night.

Turned out to be an issue with the installation disk. Borrowed one from a buddy and it worked without any issues. I didn't see any scratches on the disk itself so it had to be something with the data itself on the disk.
!