Badnatured

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
Alright so I was trying to figure out this overclocking thing whilst following the sticky int he CPU section. I ran into a few problems which I'm hoping someone can help me out with. The first problem is when I got to tweaking the ram I couldn't find where the vDimm setting is, I have a Gigabyte 965p-DS3 board and I didn't see anything labeled "vdimm". Next, I don't think I hit the 1:1 ratio because I had two columns underneath the setting section and it said on the right 800 and on the left 667. Then I ran into an issue with voltage control, seeing as how I don't know what the hell the defaults are for the board. So setting it simply to 1.40v is a problem when I don't know if it requires +.01v or whatnot. Can anyone provide me some pointers on what I'm missing?

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
when your in the BIOS hit Ctrl+F1 and you should see the screen flick once. Then when you go into the settings menu you should see alot more options.

Your Vdimm "normal" voltage is 1.8v. So is a matter of addition for the settings. Setting it to +.3v = 2.1Vdimm.

Badnatured

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
What about figuring out the whole 1:1 ratio? I don't understand that at all. Will it be a bit more specfici about what's what when I hit the ctrl f1?

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The way Gigabyte does this, when you hit Ctrl+F1 it'll show you a Memory Frequency Multiplier setting. By changing that ratio you can get the memory to run at different speeds.

bigblack

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
What about figuring out the whole 1:1 ratio? I don't understand that at all. Will it be a bit more specfici about what's what when I hit the ctrl f1?

1:1 means running your memory at the same speed of your FSB.

If you have not overclocked and you have a Conroe C2D, your stock FSB should be 266. To run 1:1 should be to underclock your memory to 533 Mhz. I know that it seems like 1:2 rather than 1:1, but naming schemes differ and it can get confusing. Gigabyte 965 DS3 has a memory multi. If you have this set on 2 and your ram @533 you are running 1:1. Of course if you use an Allendale (200 FSB) or if you overclock you will have to adapt these numbers accordingly. Post more details about your system, especially cpu and ram and if you overclock you should post all relevant settings for us to help you.

Hope it helps.

TRENDING THREADS