Logitec SetPoint stopped working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoreOxide

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
I've been using Win 7 for some time now, and at first SetPoint installed and worked perfectly. Yesterday I noticed my function keys stopped working, so I turned to SetPoint and found out it's not running. I ran the app, but nothing happened.

About an hour later SetPoint suddenly ran, and I saw the tray icon appear. Double clicked that, and again another 20 or so min before the actual settings screen came up, and even when it did - I did not have my keyboard and mouse tabs there.

Tried uninstalling, re-downloading and installing - nothing changed. Maybe I'm missing something I should delete to make it completely uninstall?

Any idea what may have happened?

Logitech's Email support is offline for a month now, so I figured turning to you guys...

FauxMaven

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Be happy Logitech email support is off-line; it's very irritating to have every reply from them prefaced with "We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 120 hours." That said, I have had this problem occur on both Vista and Win7 RC1.

The only solution I have found to work is:
1) uninstall Setpoint and DELETE any folders left over by Logitech; download current version
2) physically remove USB transmitter from PC
3) from Device manager uninstall HDMI mouse/keyboard devices
4) reboot and log into Windows
5) shutdown, reboot and login
6) reattach USB transmitter
7) disable AV and 3rd-party firewall
8) reinstall Setpoint

Do NOT skip step 5.
It's rather sad that I can write these instructions from heart. :heink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS