I finally figured it out. For me, a lot of the unmovable bulk was from an overgrown pagefile. So, this is what I did: Set the pagefile to clear on shutdown and restart your computer with a boot-time defrag scheduled. It will essentially knock down the pagefile to whatever size you had it originally set at (I don't know the path off the top of my head) and rearrange the pieces. If you have regular data files mixed in with the immovable patches, you'll have to offload some files to an external storage device and run a defrag. Keep doing that until the immovable files are completely free of surrounding data. Then clear the pagefile and do an offline defrag. My immovable data is now a fraction of what it used to be.