Any good 3/4 player maps around please?

Last response: in Video Games
November 23, 2004 4:51:02 AM

Just dug out q2 after a long time and installed it at work on the
local LAN. Works fine but the default multiplayer maps are far too
big. Any tips on good maps for three or four people? And how to
install them, too! :)

Many thanks

More about : good player maps

Anonymous
November 23, 2004 6:31:05 AM

"Mike Barnard (at work)" <junk@thunderin.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just dug out q2 after a long time and installed it at work on the
> local LAN. Works fine but the default multiplayer maps are far too
> big. Any tips on good maps for three or four people? And how to
> install them, too! :)
>
> Many thanks

Mike, I'm surprised you think the standard maps are too big. q2dm1, which is
about the same size as most of them, was endlessly played as a 1 on 1 map.
Most of my favorite maps are about this same size.

ptrip, a Headshot map, is an excellent smaller map designed for 1 on 1 play.
But with 4 players you will find it pretty crowded. I know a some even
smaller maps but they are really for rail only.

You install the map by putting the bsp file in quake2/baseq2/maps directory.
Depending on the map you may also have to put pcx and tga files in
quake2/baseq2/env, wal files in baseq2/baseq2/textures, and wav files in
quake2/baseq2/sound.

Have fun.

--
Cycho{HHR}
http://home.rochester.rr.com/cyhome/

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 03:31:05 GMT, "Cy Edmunds"
<cedmunds@spamless.rochester.rr.com> wrote:

>> Just dug out q2 after a long time and installed it at work on the
>> local LAN. Works fine but the default multiplayer maps are far too
>> big. Any tips on good maps for three or four people? And how to
>> install them, too! :)

>Mike, I'm surprised you think the standard maps are too big. q2dm1, which is
>about the same size as most of them, was endlessly played as a 1 on 1 map.
>Most of my favorite maps are about this same size.

Well, we are spending more time looking for another player than
fragging, which gets a bit boring after a while.

>ptrip, a Headshot map, is an excellent smaller map designed for 1 on 1 play.
>But with 4 players you will find it pretty crowded. I know a some even
>smaller maps but they are really for rail only.

Thanks.

>You install the map by putting the bsp file in quake2/baseq2/maps directory.
>Depending on the map you may also have to put pcx and tga files in
>quake2/baseq2/env, wal files in baseq2/baseq2/textures, and wav files in
>quake2/baseq2/sound.

Simple really. Thanks again.

>Have fun.

We try. :)