Toshiba satellite a10 laptop no sound driver problem

vade

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
A friend of mine asked me to fix had a HDD crash, bought a new one and asked me to set up windows xp for her. since the computer has no driver cd with it a had to look for drivers on Toshiba support pages. I found the drivers that are supposed to work but still the sound is not working (seems like everything else does).

I've tried both kinds of drivers that are available one was Realtek AC 97 something and the other one Sound MAX something none of them works anyway.

A friend of mine said i should remove the sound hardware acceleration somehow but i don't really know where to find it and i don't see how it should work for me..

so if you have some ideas on this please post a reply i'd feel most grateful.

vade

cutehumor

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
go to device manager, are there anything with yellow question marks? I had an audio problem that I found in the microsoft tab when reinstalling windows xp. there was a driver missing for the microsoft audio. I would look here.

also if you click on realtek ac 97 audio, in properties, it should say "enabled" and "there is no problem with this device" you can also test your sound in control panel.