Sign in with
Your question

Multimedia Linux

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
April 4, 2012 7:53:07 PM

Which one of these Multimedia Linux distro's is best for video editing. It's going to be installed on a computer with out a internet connection.
APODIO
ArtistX
Dream Studio

More about : multimedia linux

April 5, 2012 3:11:19 AM

All those distros are ubuntu based. So just choose the one with the programs you are going to use.
m
l
a b 5 Linux
April 5, 2012 3:21:55 AM

You need to decide which software packages you want to use; if one of those has most/all the packages you want, go with those.

My personal preference is to start with a barebones install of a basic OS (I am a huge fan of Debian). Then you can install only what you want, and not have a bunch of crap that you'll never use. That's just my preference however.
m
l
Related resources
April 5, 2012 12:42:32 PM

Pyroflea said:
You need to decide which software packages you want to use; if one of those has most/all the packages you want, go with those.

My personal preference is to start with a barebones install of a basic OS (I am a huge fan of Debian). Then you can install only what you want, and not have a bunch of crap that you'll never use. That's just my preference however.

That would kind of be hard since it don't have an internet connection.
m
l
April 5, 2012 12:45:58 PM

Mu33rto said:
All those distros are ubuntu based. So just choose the one with the programs you are going to use.

Is their any way to find out what all programs each distro comes with so I can compare.
m
l
April 5, 2012 4:31:38 PM

shafe88 said:
Is their any way to find out what all programs each distro comes with so I can compare.

I'd guess they'd be on their websites?

You may also have problems with various codecs. Things like .mp4 encoding and flash can't ship with the distros. You'll need to remember to grab what codecs you need as well if they're not going to be bundled in.
m
l
!