Buffalo 125 High Speed Mode

don ali

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
I bought Baffalo WHR-HP-G54 router/access point & WLI-CB-G54HP notebook adapter month ago. they work just fine but I have problem to make the 125 high speed mode to work.

This is the images of my router

Client Monitor
http://www.geocities.com/sir_jappotea/clientmang.gif

System Information
http://www.geocities.com/sir_jappotea/system-information.gif

Wireless Configuration
http://www.geocities.com/sir_jappotea/config.gif

I tried everything, removing the wireless encryption, disable the AOSS, restart the router and remake the AOSS profile.

It was working 2 weeks ago under the the 125* High speed mode column in the client manager.

My router connected to another router by wire and I use it to extend my wireless coverage as router too not access point or bridge (Operational Mode is Router Mode).

I know that I need to be near the router to let the high speed mode to active but even if I'm near it will not active. Also how to know if the high speed mode is active without entering to router OS by browser?

Also have a problem with the Client Manager V (My OS is Vista Home Premium). I get Install failed message everytime I try to run it.

I don't know if I need the client manager V to enable the high speed mode all the time.

brw02005

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Well the high speed mode does give you a slight boost but I have read it also reduces your range and cause other problems. If you want it to consistently work I would just hack the router with DD-WRT alternative firmware although this will void your warranty (with DD-WRT it is referred to as afterburner). Unless your streaming DVD or highdef there really is no point. It wont make the internet any faster. Also check back for latest drivers and firmware if your not willing to void your warranty. Vista still seems to me like a beta test for wireless so there always trying to fix stuff.

don ali

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
brw02005
thank you. i thought the high speed mode will also extends the range and performance.

I want to use DD-WRT but I'm afraid to lose my router cause of heat.

i heared that DD-WRT will boost my router performance but for a price of losing my router anytime. I don't want to damage the router for any reason. i happy as is it now.

:)

brw02005

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Oh you choose the amount of power going to the antenna if you run too hot just turn it down. Basically it's like overclocking a computer yeah if you push it you can cause problems although i think the defaults are safe.

dacman61

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
With my Linksys WRT54GS v2.1 wireless router the default transmit power is set at 28mW. I boosted it to 62mW based on several finding on the internet. Setting it any higher causes too much noise in the signal and could cause other problems. Plus I wouldn't go above 100mW anyway unless you decide to add some sort of cooling to the main chips inside the router.

RobertEnglund

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2006
I think you can set your firmware back to a buffalo firmware if you don't like the results. I think dd-wrt's site has the buffalo default firmware on there and then from there.

necktime

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Well I found a fix for the Client manager v error. I was using Vista 64 bit and I installed 32 bit and it works like a charm.