New case or 3rd party cooler for my GFX?

rosu9801

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Ok started this thread in th GFX section cause i wanted either my over all arflow increased or my individual components(my 8800GTS) cooler.

When i i started ordering fans and heatsinks for my case they all ended up being backordered so i ran out of patience.
I decided to order this:
http://www.antec.com/ec/productDetails.php?ProdID=08009
I just want to know if any of you got some experience with it, hopefully ill get my temp down but what about the noise level and other issues?

Old thread:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Cooling-8800GTS-320MB-ftopict238070.html

Thanks for any insights in advance
/Robert

That case should keep cool even at the lowest fan setting, good choice.

My evga 8800gts 320mb was also running higher temps than I were comfortable with - it was hitting 75c under heavy loads and while it was probably fine I went and installed Rivatuner and it allowed me to force the fan duty cycle to 99% and temps never get above 60c now. You can set that for boot-time so it keeps the full speed setting, it's a decent free cooling mod since the 8800 series auto-fan speed is broken IMHO.

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Use a tool called a nibbler and remove the exit fans guard from the case for up to 70% better airflow.
No mater how large the holes are it is TURBULANCE that holds back the airflow.

On Case like a CM Stacker TO-1 that guard is held in place with the fan screws.

If you want to replace your stock GFX cooler then use a Themalright product...best air coolers hands down.

rosu9801

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Cool ty.
Was a little worried i just bought a hyped blue LED case.
And since it cost about twice as much as just getting new fans for my old case its just reassuring hearing these things =)

rosu9801

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Well i couldn't be happier i decreased CPU temp with 2 degrees idle, case with 5-7degrees and GFX with 7 degrees idle, and thats with the fans on lowest setting.
Best of it all its as quiet or quieter then all my 80mm fans in the old case. =)