Run out of idea to fix windows services helppppp =(

asl01

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Hi to everyone.. I ran out of idea how to fix my windows services... =( This image show my windows services is set to automatic. At first it starts smoothly, but after a few mins or an hour it will stop. i don't know why, it stops at random times. and i'm already frustrated of starting the services manually over and over again. I tried reformatting my windows. I have 2 pcs' in my house, same windows use ( windows xp pro sp2 ) The other pc is AMD, it works fine there , and that is my first pc by the, The windows services doesn't stop at my AMD pc. But here in my Intel , i keeps on stopping, everytime I turn on the pc, then windows starts, a few mins later the services stops again. I already reformatted twice. reinstalled everything correctly but its still the same. pls help me guys. I tried updating my drivers but no luck, tried also looking for other drivers but still the same.
What could be the problem here???? I'm guessing that its my drivers that is causing the problem, but not sure how to fix this. I also tried doing some MEMTEST , but my ram is fine, no errors found. pls help me guys.. =(

here are my specs by the way:

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.40 Ghz
Gigabyte S-series EP-DS3R motherboard
Geforce 8800 GT
Realtek HD Audio output
Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Disk Drive ST3500320AS (465 GB, IDE)

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
hang on, just because its set to automatic doesnt mean it will run continuously

does windows cease to function?

what happens after the services have stopped? anything?

asl01

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
basically when the services stop. For example the windows audio service suddeny stops, I can't hear anything when playing a music on itunes or playing video games. but the sounds for windows ( e.g. when u double click on something in windows there's a sound ) it is still there. so what i do is manually start the service again, and load the music or video game that im playing to have a sound. another example is the Theme service, when it stops, basically my windows will look like the theme in safe mode, but there are times eventhough it stops, it doesn't switch to "safe mode look a like theme". Dont know wat to do guys..

asl01

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
yeah that's right, I reformatted twice already, first reformat i switch to sp3 (xp.pro-sp3-final-GoldCobra) , but no luck , it still stops, second reformat i switch back to xp sp2 the same os that im using before, Im thinking if my xp sp2 has problems, then it should occur also in my old pc, which is AMD. but it didn't, it runs smoothly and services doesn't stop. what should i do??? =( I'm just guessing or thinking that could it be possible that its in my drivers??? but I already tried updating and also manually downloading stuff from the main site, like for examply my lan driver,I tried downloading directly from www.realtek.com. =(

asl01

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
I forgot to mention, there are times that a BSOD occurs. and it talks about a realtek high definition error, but it doesn't occur consistently, let's say once a week, not like the windows services suddenly stops, it occurs everytime i turn on my pc, when it stops, i manually starts the services again. But its weird, after manually starting the services, it is ok, it doesn't stop anymore, it will only occur when i turn off the pc and turn on again, or restart my pc.

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
do you have the realtek media panel icon down in the right corner?
I forget what it is called offhand as I deleted it long ago.
If it is there try turning it off first thing when windows starts and see what
happens.
That thing is a piece of crap. If things work after that goto conrol panel|programs and delete it.
If I remember correctly it has its own entry in programs. If not it may be included as a option when deleteing the driver.
At the worst use msconfig and dont allow it to start.
There is nothing in there that isnt in other places inside windows.