Intel E6600 Duo Problems

gnasher155

Distinguished
May 23, 2007
Hi i just need to know how you stop one of the cores being overloaded while the other is doing nothing and lazing around because it is stopping me from installing any game from CD/DVD. All i need to do is balance the load that one takes into another. Please help :!:

Mondoman

Splendid
Your post is very confusing. How can a core be "overloaded"? How can the CPU affect using a CD/DVD drive?
Perhaps you could post the details of your system, including model numbers for *every* component including CPU, CPU cooler, PS, video card, MB, case, etc.
Then, please describe in detail exactly what the problem is, and exactly what you are doing before the problem appears.

speed4life

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
It depends on wewther or not the software you are running with your E6600 Is mulit-threaded. If you open your windows task manager it will show you both cores and what they are doing. If one core is maxed out and the other one idle then that is single threaded. There are very few software app's that are mulit-threaded. Hang in there cuz they are on their way.

gnasher155

Distinguished
May 23, 2007
Yes i think thats the problem. I was able to set up an account to put a picture on below. I really don't understand though because when i first installed any game it was fine but now it just slows down and puts pressure on one of the cores instead of balancing it out. Is there a way of getting the installations to run smoothly or is there a certain option for me to make this multi-threaded when installing? Thanks for replies.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x19/gnasher155/badcpu.jpg

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Yes i think thats the problem. I was able to set up an account to put a picture on below. I really don't understand though because when i first installed any game it was fine but now it just slows down and puts pressure on one of the cores instead of balancing it out. Is there a way of getting the installations to run smoothly or is there a certain option for me to make this multi-threaded when installing? Thanks for replies.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x19/gnasher155/badcpu.jpg

You would need to find updates to what ever games/apps you run. Depending on those upates/patches might include support for making them multi threaded.

Other then that, its going to run the way you see them on your taskmanager.

gnasher155

Distinguished
May 23, 2007
no thats the weird part of it this only happens when im installing the games when i play the game it runs fine.

jackluo923

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
You could manually set all of the regular windows essential programs on core 0 and your game installation on core 1. That might balance the load on the core.