Closed

3 Outlook pst files in two different folders - can't figur..

August 20, 2005 10:06:32 PM

Using PocketPC 2003 with Outlook 2002, I find pst files in two different
folders.

Outlook.pst is found in Profiles with an old date (7/16/05).

In Local Settings are Outlook.pst and Outlook1.pst, with dates 8/19/05
and 8/20/05 respectfully.

If I renamed a file to Outlook1, it was so long ago I can't remember
doing so, but why would the dates for the two differntly named pst files
be so close to the same?

I haven't yet figured out how to determine the name and location of the
pst file that opens when I open Outlook. Is there any way to know?

TIA
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 2:29:04 PM

In the Outlook folder list, right-click on Personal Folders, click
Properties, click Advanced - the Path box shows the location of the
corresponding PST file. If you have more than one top level folder in the
folder list, repeat for each.

Tony

Dick wrote:
[...]
> I haven't yet figured out how to determine the name and location of
> the pst file that opens when I open Outlook. Is there any way to
> know?
>
> TIA
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 4:14:49 PM

Also by default Outlook makes the Outlook.pst file in c:\Documents and
Settings\login name\local settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. You
might need to adjust your folder settings to see hidden files in order to
see them. You can also stick the .pst file anywhere you want, but that's
where Bill puts them be default.

Jim

Tony A. wrote:

> In the Outlook folder list, right-click on Personal Folders, click
> Properties, click Advanced - the Path box shows the location of the
> corresponding PST file. If you have more than one top level folder in the
> folder list, repeat for each.
>
> Tony
>
> Dick wrote:
> [...]
>> I haven't yet figured out how to determine the name and location of
>> the pst file that opens when I open Outlook. Is there any way to
>> know?
>>
>> TIA
August 21, 2005 5:57:25 PM

I think that what you want is to have two different profiles in Outlook,
each one with its own PST File. Take a look at Profiles in outlook's help,
and you'll make it.

Please note that if you try to sync both with the same PPC and don't
separate records by filtering something (e.g. category), you will end up
with both having the same content.

--
Helio Diamant
MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

"Dick" <knowhere@dooubtful.com> wrote in message
> Using PocketPC 2003 with Outlook 2002, I find pst files in two different
> folders.
>
> Outlook.pst is found in Profiles with an old date (7/16/05).
>
> In Local Settings are Outlook.pst and Outlook1.pst, with dates 8/19/05 and
> 8/20/05 respectfully.
>
> If I renamed a file to Outlook1, it was so long ago I can't remember doing
> so, but why would the dates for the two differntly named pst files be so
> close to the same?
>
> I haven't yet figured out how to determine the name and location of the
> pst file that opens when I open Outlook. Is there any way to know?
>
> TIA
October 16, 2011 12:42:11 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!