MMarroquin1024

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
RunAsAdmin.jpg

rundialog.jpg

Simple, How do I make my box (The First one) look like the second box (some pic I found online), OR...

How do I make the run Dialog launch applications with administrative privileges?

I Need Help, I think I messed up somewhere in the Local Policy Security Settings, Please tell me what Can I change to make this work....Thanks...

As for running a program as admin you can right click on the exe file itself or any shortcut to it and select 'run as administrator' or you can type it into the search pane under the start orb and when it appears in the results right click on it there and choose run as administrator. As for using the old run box the search pane replaces the run command box for almost everything but it is true there are some things that can't be done there that you can do in 'run', try typing the command and then instead of 'enter' hit 'ctrl+shift+enter. You can also type 'cmd' in the search pane and then right click on it when it appears above and run as admin. Then you will have a pure command line interface with admin privilages.

You could run Vista in pure admin mode if you wish

MMarroquin1024

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009

Thanks for the reply, But... :non: That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I don't want to have to go to every program and checking the little box that says Run as Administrator :pfff: . Besides I memorized so many Run commands that going to CMD in admin mode would be an extra step for every single command, Like Starting, Stopping or Restarting a service, Opening System Folders, and the list can go on and on.....

OK, I see now. I don't know. But from what I can find that picture you posted with the bit about admin at the bottom can be made to come up like this:

Way 2: from here: http://www.technixupdate.com/how-to-run-command-prompt-with-elevated-administrative-privileges-in-vista/

1.Click on Vista Start.
2.Select Run & Type in “Cmd” (without quotes) in the Run Menu Search Box.
3.You will see a msg “This task will be created with administrative privileges”.
4.Click on OK.

Only problem is that too takes extra steps and it doesn't even work on my system though when I try it. It doesn't even make much sense now that I look at it. LOL I still get the simple box, no admin. But unless there is a way to make that second option come up all the time it won't be any easier than the other methods. Do you know for a fact it can be made to be automatic?

If you can't dig it up you can just hit ctrl+shift+enter instead of enter and it will run as admin

Here is another route. After setting it up it will take less clicks than anything else: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/02/17/create-and-put-an-elevated-command-prompt-on-windows-vista-desktop-or-start-menu/

TRENDING THREADS