Sign in with
Your question

Omg i cant install XP on a new mobo and a used HD :(

Last response: in Windows XP
December 24, 2008 1:11:39 AM

s heres what i do, i boot off the win xp cd, i press enter to install windows xp i delete the existing partition and create a new partition and i format it using ntfs file system

after that the computer reboots, it tells me hit any key to boot from the cd, i ignore that then it doesnt go to the windows install screen it just says "NTLDR missing press ctrl alt delete

help me ive been trying to install windows for hours, im getting extremaly desperate

my hd is a 60gb IDE on a X48 LP T2R mobo.

More about : omg install mobo

December 24, 2008 1:53:49 AM

jazzzjackrabbit said:
s heres what i do, i boot off the win xp cd, i press enter to install windows xp i delete the existing partition and create a new partition and i format it using ntfs file system

after that the computer reboots, it tells me hit any key to boot from the cd, i ignore that then it doesnt go to the windows install screen it just says "NTLDR missing press ctrl alt delete

help me ive been trying to install windows for hours, im getting extremaly desperate

my hd is a 60gb IDE on a X48 LP T2R mobo.

First make sure the boot sequence is CDROM 1st, HDD 2nd.
And that no Floppy disk is in the Floppy drive.

If thats the way its already set then:

Go to the HDD manufacturers website, download a HDD diagnostic Floppy disk, or if available a boot CD creator, use the diagnostic disk utility to do a HDD wipe, also called; Zero Fill, Drive Wipe, or sometimes called LLF [Low Level Format], this will completely clear the HDD of all data, including old boot records, restoring the HDD to basically factory release status.

Then the OP/SYS should install properly
December 24, 2008 9:41:15 AM

thx for your help, the Cd rom was no1 for booting and i dont have a floppy drive, i also tried to zero fill the HD but that failed.. so i created a 2nd partition on the harddrive using the windows disk and that seemed to fix it, finally it works!
!