Trouble finding temp sensors

Kangae

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Hello, I've been trying for a bit on my own to access the temp sensors I would assume are available on my hardware, but with little luck. I installed lm-sensors and ran sensors detect, and after that the only things its able to find are a "Virtual Device" temp, a "PCI adapter" temp, and "PCI adapter" wattage.

Hardware is as follows:
CPU: AMD FX-6100
MB: Biostar TA990FXE
GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti hawk
RAM: G. Skill Sniper 8gb (4x2)
ADATA 40GB SSD and WD Raptor 73gb HDD
And I'm running Mint 12.

Edit with more info: So when I run sensors detect, its finding the k10temp and fam15h_power. However k10temp seems to be reading wrong, it says my CPU temp is at 13.5C at idle, but the BIOS post code/CPU temp indicator on the MB says its running at 34C (already converted from hex).

Kangae

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

Everything went well till around step 4, I don't have a /etc/modprobe.d/local or a /etc/modprobe.d/aliases, and he just seems to say "all my stuff is in order so I wont cover it".

I skipped that part and went to the next bit where he says to load the module manually and update the dependencies. The only module that showed up on my detect was it87, and when I do "sudo modprobe it87" it says "FATAL: Error inserting it87 (/lib/modules/3.0.0-12-generic/kernel/drivers/hwmon/it87.ko): No such device"