Attachment time period

Would increasing my memory from 256kb to 512kb help to shorten the time it
takes to upload a file attachment to an outgiong email? Thanks

not really, your bandwidth (dialup, DSL or cable) is the way
to increase speed.

some support

"Breadstick" <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message

In news:BCF53568-79BE-4FA8-BE0F-7CDCEBF8C55D@microsoft.com,
Breadstick <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Would increasing my memory from 256kb to 512kb help to shorten
> the
> time it takes to upload a file attachment to an outgiong email?
> Thanks

No. The amount of RAM affects a lot of things, but how long it
takes to do something over the internet isn't one of them.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Thanks a bunch for your reply and the answer. I guess I recieved the wrong
info when my DSL was installed-- or I didn't ask the right question. In any
case all works well. Thanks.

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> not really, your bandwidth (dialup, DSL or cable) is the way
> to increase speed.

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "Breadstick" <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> | Would increasing my memory from 256kb to 512kb help to
> shorten the time it
> | takes to upload a file attachment to an outgiong email?
> Thanks

Thanks a lot for your reply. As I wrote to Jim Machlin: "Thanks a bunch for
your reply and the answer. I guess I recieved the wrong info when my DSL was
installed-- or I didn't ask the right question. In any case all works well."
You both have set my mind at ease.

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> In news:BCF53568-79BE-4FA8-BE0F-7CDCEBF8C55D@microsoft.com,
> Breadstick <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
> > Would increasing my memory from 256kb to 512kb help to shorten
> > the
> > time it takes to upload a file attachment to an outgiong email?
> > Thanks
>

> No. The amount of RAM affects a lot of things, but how long it
> takes to do something over the internet isn't one of them.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

Check www.broadbandreports.com for more detailed info on
cable and DSL.

In news:84E783E8-52A7-48F5-957C-100C8A956B24@microsoft.com,
Breadstick <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Thanks a lot for your reply.

You're welcome. Glad to help.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

> As I wrote to Jim Machlin: "Thanks a
> bunch for your reply and the answer. I guess I recieved the
> wrong
> info when my DSL was installed-- or I didn't ask the right
> question.
> In any case all works well." You both have set my mind at ease.
>

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> In news:BCF53568-79BE-4FA8-BE0F-7CDCEBF8C55D@microsoft.com,
>> Breadstick <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>>> Would increasing my memory from 256kb to 512kb help to
>>> shorten
>>> the
>>> time it takes to upload a file attachment to an outgiong
>>> email?
>>> Thanks
>>

>> No. The amount of RAM affects a lot of things, but how long it
>> takes to do something over the internet isn't one of them.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

"Breadstick" <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Would increasing my memory from 256kb to 512kb help to shorten the time it
> takes to upload a file attachment to an outgiong email? Thanks

No...it depends on your internet connection, not the amount of memory in
your system.

There's a lot of factors, e.g. the size of the attachement, your connection
type (dialup, broadband (DSL, Cable) etc)